This Privacy Statement describes our privacy practices when we collect, process, use and disclose:
- 1. Personal information for the purposes of providing the benefits of the Platforms, which is collectively all of our services, experiences and software (including through our mobile applications and desktop applications); and/or
- 2. Personal information as necessary to manage, run and improve our business and improving the functionality of the Platforms.
Information we receive from you:
Creating an account and using the Platforms. We collect information when you create an account or otherwise interact with the Platforms. This may include browsing within the Platforms, placing orders and/or submitting payment, submitting reviews or providing other feedback, participating in optional surveys, and contacting us regarding service inquiries, whether by email, online chat, or phone. Personal information may include your contact information (such as your full name, home and/or delivery address, email address, and phone number), order details and history within the Platforms, payment information, usernames and passwords, the purposes of your interaction with us, and any action we undertook in response to any service inquiries.
If you provide permission for the Platforms to access location services through your mobile device or browser, we may collect the exact location of your device when any of the Platforms are running in the foreground or background. This information may be used to help you select your delivery address, facilitate timely and accurate delivery or pick up times and locations, and recommend dine-in, delivery, or pick up food service providers.
Device and Usage Information. We may collection information about your device such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, log information, error messages, device type, browser type and
language, Internet Service Provider, referring and exit pages, operating systems, date/time stamps, and clickstream data. We may also collect usage information such as the pages you viewed, the features you use, and details about any links with which you interact.
We use this this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may use this information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our services.
Camera. Certain features may have access to your camera if you grant permission in your device settings.
Children. Our Platforms are not directed toward children or persons under the age of 18 nor do we knowingly collect information from children or persons under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to the Platforms. If you learn that your child has provided us with their information without your consent and he or she is under the age of 18, please let us know by contacting us in the section “How to Contact Us” as noted below, so that we can remove it from our systems.
How we use personal information:
We collect and process personal information from you only where:
- 1. We have your consent to do so;
- 2. We need your personal information to perform a contract with you or provide a service to you;
- 3. Provide you with the benefits of the Platforms and operate our business;
- 4. The processing is in our legitimate business interests in those jurisdictions where legitimate
business interest is a legitimate basis for processing; or
- 5. We need to comply with legal requirements, including applicable laws and regulations
Personal information is used to operate our business for the following purposes that are required to originate and maintain our relationship with you, including but not limited to:
- 1. Provide you with access to the Platforms and deliver the services thereunder;
- 2. Maintain and improve the functionality of the Platforms;
- 3. Personalize the services delivered under the Platforms;
- 4. Communicate with you;
- 5. Run and manage our business;
- 6. Comply with our legal and regulatory requirements;
- 7. Authenticate your identity;
- 8. Protect the rights, property, safety or security of the Platforms, our customers, employees or others and prevent fraudulent or illegal activity;
- 9. To exercise our rights in the course of judicial, administrative or arbitration proceedings;
- 10. To enforce, remedy or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use or other agreements; and/or
- 11. For other purposes that are compatible with the disclosed purposes if and where this is permitted.
How we share your information:
With your consent. Except for as outlined below, we only share your information with third parties when you have directed us to do so.
To our service providers. We may provide your information to our service providers or third parties to help provide the services under the Platforms to you. This information is provided in order for them to provide us services such as payment processing (as outlined below), advertising services, marketing partners, web analytics, data processing, IT services, customer support, and other services. These service providers or third parties may have access to your information to perform services on our behalf.
When you connect with a Platform Partner. Our products and services are offered in conjunction with third party individuals and companies, namely delivery drivers and food service providers who integrate with our Platforms (each a “Platform Partner”). By choosing to interact with a Platform Partner, you consent and direct us to share your information, including personal information, to the Platform Partner providing the applicable service or offering. Any information you provide to a food service provider Platform Partner, whether through us or on your own, will be subject to their privacy practices and terms and conditions.
When you publicly post the information. We may provide opportunities for you to publicly post reviews, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, which may include personal information, such as your name or username as it appears on the Platforms. Anything you share in a public forum is public, and you should think carefully before you decide to share.
No sale of personal information to third parties. We do not and will not sell personal information to third parties. We do share personal information with third parties for the business purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Sale of Business. We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our operations or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
For legal reasons. We may share your information with third parties for legal reasons without your consent, and as permitted by law, including:
- 1. When we reasonably believe disclosure is required in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- 2. To protect the rights, property, or safety of us, the Platforms, our customers or others;
- 3. To protect or defend against cyber attacks;
- 4. To enforce, remedy, or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use or other agreements;
- 5. To prevent fraud, cybersecurity attacks or illegal activity;
- 6. For debt collection; and/or
- 7. With regulatory agencies, including government tax agencies, as necessary to help detect and combat fraud and/or protect our customers, users and/or the Platforms, or in required institutional risk control programs.
Your Information Rights
Unless you specifically ask us to delete your personal information, we retain your personal information as long as it is necessary to comply with our data retention requirements (including for financial reporting purposes) and provide you with services and the benefits of the Platforms. However, even if you request a deletion, we may be required to maintain your information for as long as necessary to:
- 1. comply with our legal or regulatory compliance needs;
- 2. to exercise, establish or defend legal claims; and/or
- 3. to protect against fraudulent or abusive activity on our Platforms.
This means we may keep different information for different periods. There may be occasions where we are unable to fully delete, anonymize, or de-identify your information due to technical, legal, regulatory compliance or other operational reasons. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable measures to securely isolate your personal information from any further processing until such time as we are able to delete, anonymize, or de-identify it.
Third Party Websites
Our Platforms may contain links to other websites. We provide these links solely as a convenience to you and we do not necessarily support or endorse the information. We utilize a third party payment processing platform that by necessity collects your payment information and processes payments made on or through the Platforms. The information we obtain about your method of payment is limited to the extent possible.
Security of your personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. We use physical, technical and organizational safeguards designed to protect your information. However, despite these controls, we cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of your information.
Our Platforms may be accessed by an international audience. By using our Platforms and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be processed for the purposes identified in this Privacy Statement. In addition, such data may be stored on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction and in jurisdictions which may have less stringent privacy practices than your own. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement and Canadian law.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
From time to time we may change, modify, add or remove portions of this Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to make such changes at any time. It is your responsibility to check this Privacy Statement periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Platforms following the posting of changes will mean that you accept and agree to the changes.
If we make material changes to the way we process your personal information, we will notify you by posting a notice in our Platforms or on a community post, by sending you a notification, or by other means consistent with applicable law.
Access and Correction
Upon request, we will provide you with access to the information that we have collected and maintained about you. Further, we offer you the ability to correct any inaccuracies in your information. You can request your personal information or request changes to your personal information by contacting us in the section “How to Contact Us” as noted below.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or would like further information about our privacy and information handling practices, please contact us:
Mail: #9 53524 RR 275 Spruce Grove, AB T7X 3V6